Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Home & Snow Bound


Oh the horror! Stuck in the house for 3 entire days with two lovely, but wild children...makes you want to scream, huh? For an instant, I had a "HERE'S JOHNNY!!" moment. (just kidding) Well, we survived. Albeit, we did have a good time too. Kiddos really took advantage of those Christmas presents, and we did get out to play in the snow for a bit. The first day was of course awesome; gorgeous, white, powdery snow to play in and daddy was there so that was a plus too. The next two days, looking at nothing but ice, ice and more ice with no daddy were a bit less fun, to say the least; we muddled through with coloring, and games to play. (sigh)
SO...as I read tonight that school is back in session tomorrow, I had this little leap of butterflies in my stomach and actually felt all giddy inside. I could just hear the song from the Wizard of Oz playing in the background and I was holding hands with Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Lion and Scarecrow as we ran together joyfully through the poppies. "You're outta the woods, your outta the dark, you're outta the night. Step into the sun, step into the light..." I managed to find the bit of the movie with the song below...very short, but perfect for how I was feeling.

All in all, we had a good time, but, I am very thankful that school is back in session tomorrow...with no delays at that! (smile)

Love,
Kasey

1 comment:

shannon said...

I feel the same....whew...time to go back to school. Not sure about MICS yet....