Friday, September 18, 2009

Cancer

Cancer of any kind is really awful. I think pretty much everyone can agree to that. But what I want to talk about today is "spiritual" cancer. Have you ever been in a negative situation/relationship with someone or several people perhaps that you can't get out of? For example, a work environment, family, etc. I feel that these types of situations are very cancerous to the core of us as humans, cancerous to our souls even. At times I find myself thinking, what can I do? How much of me is this cancer going to consume? Sometimes I can just feel the blackness surrounding me inside and outside. Do you ever get that sinking feeling? It's awful...you feel helpless, as if you are drowning on the inside.
But friends, thank the Good Lord for His Word. It is times like these that I really have to dive into God's word and seek His magnificent Face. I thank the Lord that He loves me. I certainly do not understand how people that don't know the Lord get through times like these. I don't know what I'd do with out scriptures like this:
"He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:10
"They will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Psalm 91:12
"Because he loves Me" says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him for he acknowleges my name. He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him." Psalm 91:1 & Psalm 91:14-15
I thank the Lord for His Word, and His protection, and His love for me. As hard as this cancer is to me, I find myself reading scriptures such as these, over and over and over. And slowly...but surely...the cancer is forced to retreat! Hallelujah!
I love you my dear friends, and may these words be a blessing to you in times of strife as well.
xoxo -
Kasey

1 comment:

Sally said...

I get this - believe me! Thank you for sharing!