Monday, September 14, 2009

CLASS

Friends...I believe that I have just witnessed one of the best displays of CLASS this year...perhaps several years even. When I saw what Kanye West did to Taylor Swift at the VMA music awards, I was SHOCKED (well considering the source...maybe not so shocked...but still)! Artist to Artist - UNBELIEVABLE...inconceivable - her one moment for that award - STOLEN! Now...if that isn't racist...I don't know what is...but...let me not go towards that point of contention. How Taylor handled it (during and after) has been one of the most classiest things I've witnessed in a LONG time and from such a young person! To further the class...Beyonce gave Taylor back what she could of Taylor's "moment" (and congratulations to Beyonce for Video of the YEAR)! What an awesome and admirable thing for Beyonce to do...and I believe she's always handled herself with class.
These people are the ones our children look up to. These people hold our nation's youth "captive" for lack of a better word...everyone is into the "he said, she said" pop culture and all that...I will say now...I will NEVER buy a CD or anything for that matter from Kanye West. I cannot support such vile disrespect for any human being - and what a TERRIBLE example for our children...shame, shame, shame on you Kanye! I will continue to support the actors/actresses and singers/songwriters that continue to act with class.
And yes...just to be prudent, I am glad that Kanye apologized...via his blog and reportedly to Taylor's mother...but...I'm just not sure that I believe the sincerety of that apology...that is only my opinion...we shall see what Kanye proves to be true of his character in the future.
And now...I leave you with the 2009 VMA's BEST FEMALE VIDEO - and it is dang good! Go Taylor!! See the video here: http://www.youtube.com/ - and type in Taylor Swift You Belong With Me.
And to see just how classy Beyonce was go to http://www.mtv.com/ and look for the clip of her win.
xoxo -
Kasey




No comments: