Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Peacock today...Feather duster tomorrow"...

Ahh yes...those were the insightful words of one of my past co-workers. We worked in retail together...cosmetic retail to be exact...and those pompous men and women (mostly women) who would trudge through our counters was truly something to behold. Oh yes, they came in all different shapes and sizes...from many different backgrounds. They weren't the majority thank goodness...perhaps 25% who walked around with their noses in the air as if they didn't put their pants on the same way in the mornings as the rest of the "common world". At first I didn't know what to think of them...then after a while I felt myself feeling slightly "beneath" them myself...until those hysterical...but true words came rolling off of my friend's witty tongue, "Peacock today, feather duster tomorrow". How sad, but true that is for these persons...unfortunately for them. Now I see them for the lost individuals they are...constantly trying to keep up with - or outdo rather "The Jones'". The never ending shallow, empty relationships they pursued. What a terrible state!
I am thankful to be out of that "chapter" in my life...it was harder for me then, but, I did learn some valuable life lessons and came out...maybe not as a peacock...but perhaps...hopefully...a wise old owl (smile).
xoxo -
Kasey

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Ain't that the truth sista?! It is sad that some people never evolve during their lifetime. The stuff that matters can't be bought retail! Actually, I find owls to be more beautiful than peacocks ;o)
But you are not an old one... just turned 29 but looks 26!

Kasey said...

Thank you sweet lady!