Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Childress Vinyards

Ok...so I have to say that I stumbled across an AWESOME wine blog...The Traveling Grape. My friend Stacia...whose blog can be accessed here, shared it with me. I ended up posting a little something about my fabulous Sunday brunch on The Traveling Grape's website yesterday. I'd like to share it with you all also:
This past Sunday, I had the pleasure of traveling with my husband and some of our dear friends; we went from our home in Charlotte to Childress Vineyards in Lexington, NC. What a delightful place! They had a delicious Sunday brunch (which included a glass of wine in it's price) and we also toured the winery. My favorite wine was their 2005 Cabernet Franc - it was divine. A medium bodied red whose top notes of black cherry and clove tease the palate before giving way to a chocolate and coffee bouquet. Superb! This wine actually won the Double Gold Medal at the 2007 State Fair and also was the Gold Medal winner at the 2008 mid-atlantic wine competition. At $ 16.95 a bottle - it was a steal...I even bought one for my sister's upcoming birthday.
I highly recommend a Sunday afternoon trip to Childress Vineyard's for the brunch and wine tasting.
Cheers -
Kasey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who are these friends of yours? I would like to meet them. They sound nice.