Sunday, October 18, 2009

Forgiveness


"It really doesn't matter if the person who hurt you deserves to be forgiven. Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself. You have things to do and you want to move on".

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook today. Wow. What knowledge and power in those words. Forgiveness is such a wonderful, freeing, enlightening thing. In many ways it's truly miraculous. Forgiving can be such a hard thing to do, but the end result is glorious!
Thank the Good Lord for His forgiveness. He sent his Son to forgive us, how awesome and amazing is that!?!?!?!?
I was able to be a part of forgiving today, and let me tell you...it is delightful!! What a gift indeed for me, my family, and those on the other end who needed to forgive me. Thank goodness for the turning of new leaves, new chapters, new beginnings.
My prayer for you my friends is this: if you have anyone in your life that has hurt you...try to let that hurt go. It really is a prison. Release is freeing...forgive...and move on to bigger, better things. Even if you have no idea what you did...people are all so different, things are interpreted so differently...forgive, be forgiven and be all the wiser.
God bless you all!
xoxo -
Kasey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!