Thursday, October 29, 2009

In Loving Memory of Amy Christine Stephens Pardue


Dear Friends,
This has been one of the saddest weeks I've ever lived in my 34 years...probably THE saddest. However, amidst the sorrow and devastation, I can feel God's Peace that surpasses understanding. Heather W, chose to celebrate Amy's life in her words yesterday, and I choose to do the same here today.
I went to High School with Amy, she graduated in my class of 1993. We also went to the same grade school, and I am going to find out where my k-3 class photos are to see if we were in any of the same classes...I am feeling that we were.
At the funeral and visitation yesterday, the outpouring of family and loved ones to show their love and support for Amy and her family was nothing short of awing. God's comforting presence was there...you could feel it, you could also feel Amy's love and sweetness there among us. As Heather said, "Amy was smiling yesterday to see all her friends that came to honor her life". I agree completely. You know, human words fail us at such times as these; however family, friends and the feelings that God gives us such as Love, Compassion and Peace are what get us through these difficult times.
Yesterday, I learned just what a ray of sunshine Amy was. Strong, bold, funny, compassionate, loving...one could go on and on with the positive attributes of Amy. She was a daughter, grand-daughter, sister, wife, best friend and a mother. In her death, she gave 4 other people life by being an organ donor - what a blessing she was here on earth and even so in death! It reminds me of the verse from I Corinthians 15:55, "Where O death is your victory? Where O death is your sting"? Praise the Lord for His precious child, Amy!
Amy, you have forever imprinted love and kindness on my heart. God bless you and your beautiful baby boys and the family that loves you so much that are left here with us. We will see you and rejoice together one day. Godspeed, dear one.
xoxo -
Kasey
p.s. I learned yesterday, that Amy had a white unicorn that she carried around for 27 years (he'd lost his horn from being so loved...) his name was "Puny", not sure if I spelled that correctly...Puny was with her as she passed away on Sunday...the photo attached to this post is in honor of she and him. I think he is a wonderful representation of Amy herself; unicorns are unique creatures, fierce yet good, selfless and always mysteriously beautiful...

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, witnessing a beautiful life is so inspirational.

CrysCatt (chris-cat) said...

WOW, Kacey. Your words are so comforting. I know how much this hurts you. I also know your STRONG faith in the Lord is what is bringing you such peace. I love you friends. Thanks for sharing your story. Oh and that picture was spot on!!!

shannon said...

What a heartfelt beautiful post honoring your friend! She is smiling down on you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kasey for writing this. I am missing my sweet friend so much!