Sunday, July 26, 2009

Boats


"Boats...vessels of freedom...harbors of healing...", Kenny Chesney's lyrics from the song "Boats". This quickly became one of my favorite songs...and what truth there is in these lyrics. Today as we were gliding along on Lake Norman, as I felt the breeze in my hair, I sat and looked out over the lake and what a feeling of freedom indeed! It was a gorgeous day, and I was able to sit back and close my eyes and just let the sunshine wash my ailments away. As we found a spot to drift in, I watched my children playing in the water with their daddy and also with their grandparents, and it seemed it had done them just as much good as it did me. Precious smiles from ear to ear...the hum of sweet baby laughter, genuine laughter, from the pits of their tiny bellies. There's nothing like that sound in the world...I just savor it! We don't often get to go on boat rides since we don't own a boat...but...perhaps that makes it a bit more special when we do get to go...we really just "soak" it up...
xoxo -
Kasey

3 comments:

shannon said...

Sounds like an invitation is in order. I'd enjoy soaking it in with friends. We have our boat and Rob's parents have a pontoon boat. So we will make a date soon to go out on one of the boats ...sound good?

Anonymous said...

Mark keeps talking about getting a boat...I'm starting to think I'd like to and reading this makes me want to more.

CC said...

I'm glad you had fun on the boat. Hopefully next time I can come along too. Love ya!!