Thursday, July 30, 2009

Women and Friendship

I must say that at times I feel so very thankful to be a woman! I could be wrong...this is only my humble opinion...but..I feel that since women are "heart" driven, we really seem to connect on a deeper friendship level than perhaps men do. We are the "feelers"...the "question askers"...the "nurturers" in life. I laugh at it now...but...I remember at different times throughout my life, I'd just be babbling along...talking about the most trivial of things, and my mom with a smile on her face, just looks over at me and says, "you sure do talk alot"! It's funny really...
I know that we women aren't all the same (that's what makes the world go round)...some of us are better listeners, nurturers, communicators, but, all-in-all, I feel that women "own" these things. Let's face it...when your baby is hurting...who do they come to first? And I LOVE that - but, I'm supposed to right (why, because I'm a woman)! :) Now, of course Men have their awesome points...but...this post is about us Women. I love having the friends that I have...the friendships that I have are all very different, and some are on different levels because of time, etc. But I must say...I feel so very lucky to have such awesome women in my life! I am so appreciative of the caring, thoughtful, great listening...(I could go on and on)... friends that God has blessed me with. I learn so much from y'all! It is so awesome being a woman! Looking through the "hourglass" of my life...I remember different friendships from throughout the years and think about the old saying, "a reason, a season, and a lifetime friend". It's really pretty neat when I think back about different situations in life that I have gone through, and how God put that certain friend in my life for a reason...and at other times, a season...and still others are my lifetime friends...I hold each of you so dearly in my heart and thank God for you daily!
I look forward to my relationship with my daughter and watching her grow through the trials and tribulations...the ups and the downs...the good times, and being there for her in whatever way she needs me...and seeing the wonderful women that God will place in her life...and she in theirs...to help out, give a listening ear, a crying shoulder...or just to "talk alot" and perhaps ease some sort of heartache or pain...
And now friends, I leave you with this:
"Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together". -Woodrow Wilson
xoxo -
Kasey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you read my post yesterday, just know you are currently my favorite Republican! :) Also, you inspired me to post a poem I wrote about my grandma tomorrow...so I'm going to link it up to your family reunion post, if you don't mind!

Kasey said...

Awww - you just brought the biggest smile to my face, Leslee! Thank you - I'm proud to be your favorite Republican! lol I can't wait to read about your grandma!! Of course...feel free to link it to mine! xoxo - k

Anonymous said...

I mixed up my days..the poem will post tomorrow...Sat.

Sally said...

Nice post! The reason, season, and lifetime friends notion is something that has been playing on my mind for awhile now. It is amazing when I sit back and see how God has worked in my life over the years. It makes me excited for what is to come. I am glad I have gotten to know you a little over the past few months, and I look forward to growing in friendship with you. S

Brandy said...

I feel so blessed to know you and love you. Very nice post! B

Kasey said...

Thanks Ladies! I am so blessed to have you all in my life as well and look forward to many more wonderful years with you all!!! xoxoxoxo - k