Friday, July 24, 2009

Sand in the Hourglass


"The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it." Niccolo Machiavelli
As I read this today...I was thinking...yes...quite so - how profound. And then I began to wonder...is this true in everyone's case? Is it true in my case? I began to recollect old memories of decisions made in certain circumstances in my life's past and compared them to what I would do today. It is really quite amazing when you think of it...this rollercoaster we are on called "life". To think of the times in our lives, the people in our lives that have in ways, shaped our views and molded us as individuals. I began to think of times when I was seeing things through rose colored glasses...and the repercussions of such views. But, thankfully I can say, that through the "downs" of my particular rollercoaster that I have learned the lessons...some lessons took longer to grasp than others...but...nonetheless, I finally got it...and alas...there are lessons I am still trying to learn and understand. I find myself praying at times, "Lord, please...just let me get it...please let me figure out what you are trying to teach me NOW...I don't want this to be a long lesson". Even during such times, I am thankful enough to realize that there is something I am working towards and the Good Lord isn't finished with me yet. I am thankful that my hourglass seems pretty clear...the part that doesn't have the sand in it anymore...at least it's not fogged up.
And then I begin to wonder...what color is the sand in my hourglass? Tan? Taupe? No...no...not at all...it simply must be hot pink...
Goodnight ladies!
xoxo -
Kasey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lissa Rankin from Owning Pink would totally love that your sand is HOT PINK! I think as soon as you ask to get it, you will. That is surrender in a sense and surrender is key!

Sally said...

Very profound!