Saturday, August 8, 2009

Blessings

Hi Friends -
Today, during the kiddos nap time, I had some time to ponder. I love pondering...hee hee...seriously though...just sitting back, enjoying silence and thinking...it's nice...refreshing even. During my "pondering" this afternoon, I began to consider the many things going on in my life...where I've been...where I'm going...and you know what? It hit me that I rarely recognize and reflect upon the many blessings God has bestowed upon me...and my friends and family. But yes, it's true...there have been many...and I'm so thankful for each of them and sometimes without meaning to...I take the blessings in my life for granted. The fact that I have fingers and can sit here and type this message to you is a blessing. The fact that I have eyes that can see the beauty in a warm sunny day, the fact that I can see my sweet angels from Heaven (my children)...is a blessing - they are blessings! There are so many people in this world that face such hardships, remember Helen Keller...what an amazing person - she was deaf and blind, yet, she considered herself blessed. She was an awesome author and political enthusiast in her day. There are countless others like her, who didn't have things quite so easy as the rest of us, with the use of our 5 senses...and all of our limbs. Yet, they have made their mark in this world and God has used them divinely in one way or another. They have been a blessing to others through their own livelihoods. As I type this today, and the rain falls outside of my comfortable, dry home...I thank the Lord for his providence and blessings. I hope that you can take time out of your busy - or maybe not so busy, but blessed lives to count the many blessings you have too. And...I hope it leaves a smile on your face...and a tenderness lingering in your heart for a long, long time...
xoxo -
Kasey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gratitude is so important. The more you are grateful for the blessings in your life, the more blessings arrive. It is also good to find blessings in the bad stuff too. You can find a lot of peace that way! Thanks for reminding me today!