Saturday, August 22, 2009

Moon River: Audrey Hepburn Style


Ok, so yes, I'll admit it...I absolutely adore old Hollywood! I love the movies, the actors/actresses, the songs, the styles...everything! So yes...Madonna's song Vogue...from back in my "hay day" was one of my favorite songs.
Audrey Hepburn is one of my all time favorite actresses from that era, not only because she was a great actress...but I just believe she was a down to earth, humble, sweet & caring lady who constantly gave of herself. God gave her a talent, she used it to the best of her ability and she was a blessing to the many people she crossed paths with. Following her war-time experiences, she developed an affinity for humanitarian work. She began work with UNICEF in the 1950's and later in her life, she dedicated much of her time/life to it's cause. She herself worked in some of the poorest and most underprivileged areas of Asia, Africa and South America. I find that amazing!! What a great person to look up to...one of her most inspiring quotes in my opinion is, "Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others."
Audrey used her second had quite alot throughout her delightful life...
I aspire to be just like that...and hope that my children will also see the beauty in helping others and follow suit as well.
Breakfast at Tiffany's is probably my most favorite movie of hers, My Fair Lady is a close second. In Breafast at Tiffany's she sings a song that has become another of my most treasured lullaby's for my babies. I sing it to them often, and they love it...Cristian always requests it...I hope Carmen will too one day...right now she'll sing along to parts of it with me..."my Huckleberry Friend"...I love to hear her sing that part.
On that note dear friends, I leave you with Audrey in Breakfast at Tiffany's singing Henry Mancini's, Moon River.
xoxo -
Kasey

3 comments:

Danielle said...

One of my all time favorites is 'Roman Holiday', but I also love, love 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. What an epitome of grace and good will.

Brandy said...

I too LOVE Breakfast at Tiffany's!!! Oh... I can hear that tune now...Awesome!!!

Stacia said...

I am a huge Audrey Hepburn fan as well! Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorite movies. There are so many things I love about that film and admire about her life. Wish we lived closer, we could have an Audrey film festival!