Monday, August 10, 2009

My Daughter's Eyes


Right now, my sweet little mini me is in here as I type and she is jumping off of Jim's briefcase (which is laying flat on the ground right next to me) and shouting "YAAAAY - High five mommie"! She is so funny - those bright, blue eyes - so full of life and happiness...that sweet smile and being so proud of herself for jumping so superbly and giving mommie "fives"! I just love looking at those little legs - very much like my own when I was her age. It's amazing to see just how far she has come in her little life...and I am so excited for where God will take her! Trust me though...I'm loving taking it slow...one day at a time...don't want to rush her growing process...as I've realized in her older brother, my darling son, Cristian's life...it goes by much too quickly.
Alas...I digress...
I simply love seeing my baby girl's reaction to different things, new things...the smell of a flower...a bird flying in the air; that's one thing she and I do often...not even realizing it. I'll just be driving in the car and I'm always spotting buzzards or hawks flying about or hiding in trees...scoping out the scene. I've even had friends that were riding in the car with me say, "you look up alot" every time I noticed a bird. And...every now and then, as I'm driving along, I'll hear - "bird mommie - look!! bird!!" - she is so cute, and then I realize...she is always looking towards the Heavens...much like me...
I love seeing the world through her eyes...much comes back to me from my childhood...very good memories of being a little girl. Heck, I still feel like I just graduated from high school half the time...where has the time gone? I thank the Lord for my daughter...she is such a precious little being (and of course so is her older brother...he's another blog entirely)! (smile) I'm thankful for the memories she's given me and the many more we will make together!! I love you Carmen!
xoxo -
Kasey




2 comments:

shannon said...

What a beautiful post!

Kasey said...

Thanks Shannon! Hope you are doing well!