Monday, August 17, 2009

Simple Beauty: Hummingbirds


There is almost nothing I look forward to more in the spring, summer and early fall months as my little Hummingbirds. I really cannot get enough of these charming little birds. I have two feeders for them at my house, one in the front and one in the back. They are very territorial , these little winged creatures...and all day long, they chase each other from one feeder to the other. I did actually catch a glimpse of two sitting and feeding at the same time the other day - it was marvelous! They are just the tiniest, most delightful little feathered characters. And yes - they are FULL of character!! Yesterday, I had actually needed to refill their feeder and was sitting out on my back porch reading a magazine...and one little fellow flew up to me and started chirping, as if to say "Hello...why are you just sitting there when we need to be fed"!?!?!? It was really a wonderful moment for me...I realized that he knew that I was looking out for him and taking care of him in the way of nourishment.
Hummingbirds are symbols of peace, love, happiness and accomplishing that which seems impossible while teaching the miracle of joyful living and finding happiness in our own life 's circumstances. There is something about their many colors that is just beautiful in my eyes; the purples, reds, greens, blues...just watching them from my window or porch brings me a feeling of happiness and inspiration...it's really hard to describe the effect these little birds have on me. Yes, I certainly do adore these sweet little birds, and they bring me much joy. Thankfully, I get to enjoy them for a few months more...
Now...I'm off to sit on my back porch and take in the chase of the day!
xoxo -
Kasey

2 comments:

shannon said...

We had a hummingbird get "stuck" in our garage the other week. Poor little thing would just buzz around the ceiling and never fly down to go out the garage door. Rob finally got it with his hands and carried it outside. Unfortunately, the bird's wings were bleeding a bit from hitting the ceiling.
They are pretty birds! :)

Danielle said...

You have a wonderful back porch to enjoy your bird watching! Love ya!