Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Little Clown


Yes, there he is...my little clown, my little man...the one who has captured my heart. Those blue eyes...that sweet smile...looking up telling me through those insanely thick, long lashes saying "I love you mommy" ...and then I hear a rustle in the background and SMACK! He's whacked Carmen with his blanket (or whatever at that point to make her scream)...
Ha ha! Yes, he is that charming little fellow with the "halo" over his head most of the time...and he and Carmen adore each other...but of course, at times...those little "horns" sprout on occasion.
My precious angel just turned 4 and we had such a grand time at his celebration! The Lord blessed us with a beautiful, dry day...it rained aplenty the day before and the day after his sweet little party. I cannot believe how quickly time goes by...especially when you are an adult...geesh...that makes me sound so old...Anyhoo - I love to watch my son grow and learn things daily...he has quite the imagination and quite a zest for life. I love to see his take on the world and how he reacts to certain things. He has the love for wildlife that his Maw-Maw has, he also LOVES music, like his Paw-Paw, Mommy and Daddy. Most everything he does is JUST like his father...it's truly amazing! Mind-boggling actually...I've seen that boy follow right behind his daddy while mowing the entire lawn...the entire time...while pulling his little John Deere mower behind him. Every Saturday...he exclaims with sheer delight, "Daddy, can we mow the grass today...and weed-whack? Can we...please?" Jim just chuckles and says "Of course"...and then we look at each other wondering if he will feel the same way in 10 years when he's the one in charge of doing the yard work and not daddy...hee hee. Yes, he is a miracle, and I love him dearly - and am thankful for the love and humor that he brings to my heart on a daily basis. I love you, Cristian!
xoxo -
Kasey

2 comments:

Danielle said...

They are such a blessing and he is such a little cutie. He is definitely going to be a heart breaker.

Anonymous said...

I have two comments on this one..first: about being old..I realized I was old while at the beach I had this thought about a guy who was maybe 21: Oh what a nice young man!

Secondly the being like his daddy thing. Bella is just like Mark too. So much like him it amazes me at times! So I feel you on that one.