Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pen and Paper


Aaahh...to me...there is just something uplifting about sitting down and hand-writing a note/letter. This is definitely an attribute I can thank my mother for, because I saw her do it so often as a child and she had my brother, sister and I writing thank you notes from early on...and I am so thankful she did!! There's nothing better {well not much... :)} than getting a nice note or card in the mail - isn't it just great?? I love sifting through the bills and ridiculous "junk" mail to find some handwritten note/card...it really just makes my day! I remember when I was in college, I used to LOVE to get letters from my grandma (and I knew she loved me when she would write to me, because she told me that she got to where she really "disliked" writing, she had written so many letters to my grandfather and uncles when they were in different wars). My friend Meighan and I used to write letters to one another (we were at different colleges) and we would draw, color, you name it on the front and back of our envelopes...I remember once sending her an "under the sea" envelope...I had drawn all kinds of fish, bubbles, coral, etc. and colored the whole background "sea blue" - you could see absolutely no white on the outside of that large, standard white envelope. But...of course, the best part was on the inside...the handwritten, thought out sentiments that I had authored just for her. I loved it - that was really before computers and email were copious. I also remember during my time spent in Boston, getting letters from friends and boyfriends, I still have many of these letters saved today. I enjoy reading them every couple of years or so to remember what I was doing then and what was happening in my life.
A couple of my friends are in the "Stampin Up" business and I'm certainly an aficionado of their cards - Hallmark has lost a lot of business from me since I found these awesome card makers! Stampin Up provides the stamps and my friends use their "creative" expertise to design beautiful, unique cards (my friend Brandy has made me my very own custom cards)! I recently discovered that my friend Sally does the same thing - you can view their blogs on my "blog list". :) And yes, I have them...cards for every occasion..get well, thinking of you, thank you, etc. - and just plain old stationary to boot!
So...yes...in short, I am a card/stationary junkie...my husband just sits and shakes his head when he sees my plethora of writing papers and cards...
xoxo -
Kasey

1 comment:

Sally said...

I'm with you on receiving a handwritten note! I love it! The simple things in life really do mean a lot! Thanks for the shout out!