Thursday, November 5, 2009

Born Too Late


Ok, so have you ever thought...hmmm...I was born in the wrong time period? Well...I have. Anytime I watch an old Hollywood flick, or hear a song like, "Don't sit Under the Apple Tree With Anyone Else But Me"...I think...dang...my Grandma is one lucky lady! I believe my Grandma lived during the best years ever, in world history. You see, I believe that the 1930-1960's America...were the best times ever. Sure, The Great Depression had to be endured for part of that time, but, according to my Grandma, who lived in rural NC, they didn't even realize it was going on. They were dirt poor, but happy. How can this be you ask? Well...life was so much simpler...no computers, no t-ball and soccer schedules, just fun, friends and family. No TV's for part of that time - how I would have LOVED to have been able to sit and listen in front of the big ole TV-sized radio (with my family) to President Roosevelt's "Fireside Chats"! Also, movies were just coming out...and some of the best ones, the most heartfelt ones, the most remembered ones came out during this era. Not many movies today have the moving plots and the fashion that this time period held. What can I say...the styles...the music...the movies...the things going on in America...all of these things were fabulous! God was still prevalent, morality was still prevalent...patriotism was still prevalent. Men were men, women were women. Don't get me wrong...I like to work outside of the home (part-time)...but...I just see and hear the happy picture that my Grandma paints...and I can't say enough about the music/movies...etc. Like James Stewart's movie, "What a Wonderful Life"! What a wonderful life indeed.
Ahh...at least nowadays, I can sit and watch the movies and listen to the music...and dream...I think Frank Sinatra and I would have been an item for sure... :)
xoxo -
Kasey

3 comments:

Stacia said...

I'm with you girl! I love the big band era... the dance clubs looked like so much fun! The clothes, the style, the music, the dancing, the glamour, yet simplicity! I wanted to theme Brian's 40th with a 40's era party but I was informed that not many would participate, boo! I'm sure ol' blue eyes would have adored you! ;o)

Danielle said...

Me too. It's all so interesting you just want to be there and be a part of it all. I agree with Stacia, we need a themed party!

Kasey said...

Thanks, my sweet friends. I would be all about a themed party! And if we could find a Frank Sinatra look-a-like...I'd be in heaven!! :)