Monday, November 23, 2009

JFK


"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them". -JFK

What a wonderful concept...how many times do we utter words and just say them...with the "do as I say, not as I do" attitude? Know anybody like that...a friend, relative...perhaps thyself? These words are so very true...even if spoken by a democrat...LOL people! (smiles and chuckles) I remember being a child and my parent's telling me, "because I said so". I was like...what the heck, man? Give me a reason...let me see you walk that talk. And you know what? My parents did. They walked that talk. They were not perfect by any means...but...who is here on earth? No one. The only perfect person that ever walked on earth was Jesus Christ and He rose from the grave and now sits at the right hand of God the Father in Heaven...and I do know Him...and He is in my heart...and I know I will meet Him one day. I am grateful for my parents and their witness to me. I am trying to be that witness for my children these days too...it is hard...harder now today than it was then for my parents...but...I just remember...it is all about Him...and not me and He will guide my steps. I want my children to know that too. I love the quotes from us humans...that I feel are sent to us to be inspirations from God our Father...
Goodnight, friends!
xoxo -
Kasey

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. It was beautifully written! Thank You for inspiring us all.

Kasey said...

Thank you so much, Brandy! You always know how to make a gal feel special! Love you! -k